REVIEW: MONTAGNE JEUNESSE ~ MANUKA HONEY PEEL OFF
Received my VivaVoxBox compliments of Influenster.com, and inside the box was this peel mask by Montagne Jeunesse. My initial thoughts on the product are as follows:
- Smell: If you like Jasmine and Honey you won't have a problem with this smell. For me the two scents just conflicted, and I'm not a big fan of Jasmine. So, personally it was not my favorite smell, but it's a face mask so I moved on.
- Application: Pretty easy, just tear away at the top of the package, and out comes this bright, honey-looking gel that you apply on your face with your hands. It went on smoothly, and was cool to the touch. There was a lot in the package so you will have plenty to put all over your face.
- Removal: Here's where points were loss for me. I waited about 20 minutes to remove the mask, and I could feel it harden as time went by. Perhaps I shouldn't have waited the maximum amount of time, but boy was it a pain to remove. This product is definitely not for those with small hair on their face, because it felt like slowly removing a band-aid from one's arm, but on your face. I did tear up and had to pause for a few seconds while removing the mask, so there was discomfort.
- Results after removing the mask: My face did feel very smooth and clean, beyond that no other noticeable results.
- Overall opinion: I have used a mask from this brand before, and this was my second time using it compliments of Influenster.com. I wouldn't go out and buy it, but if it were given to me as a present I would use it. Perhaps the clay masks may be a better option for me, so we shall see in the future.