Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knitted Sweaters by the Seashore

I stumbled upon Purl Alpaca Designs, a company that specializes in "alpaca garments you can either knit yourself, or have made to order".  What really captured my attention was the collection lookbook 'seashore', a nod I would say to the 1940s. As fortune would have it I had just finished watching "The Edge of Love" with Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller, and it was filled with  great 40s fashion and knitted sweaters by the seashore.

The Edge of Love

The Edge of Love

The Edge of Love



Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs
Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs

Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs
Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs

Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs

Images courtesy of Purl Alpaca Designs

22 fashionable comments:

Sophie in the Sticks said...

Love these alpaca sweaters. They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

hello! i am a follower of yours! i must say that you have an amazing style! i love it! you will make me really happy if you would check my blog, you will like it, i promise! would make me even happier if you would follow! thank you! Gaby!

http://naianostyle.blogspot.com/

FashionJazz said...

Cannot wait for autumn after seeing your inspiring pics! Happy Tuesday xx

Reg Rodriguez said...

these alpaca sweaters are really pretty :)

xx
heyrocketgirl

Grace said...

I've just dropped by your blog and I really like it. These pics are amazing, I used to love Sienna in that movie : )
you've got a new follower!
Hope you can visit my blog too and if you like it please follow me ; )

www.this-grace.com

Michelle Lee said...

lovely :)
i want cozy sweaters and cardis now!!

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

M said...

come by my new giveaway!!!

xx.M

www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

Bethany Jensen said...

Love these images!

Kaari Mulk said...

Great pictures! Following, please follow back!

Duygu said...

cute blog dear :))

http://combo-monster.blogspot.com/

The Odd and Chic said...

Love the new layout!

xx


http://www.oddandchic.com

Venus Loves Virgo said...

Those are very romantic and beautiful! XOXO

Runway Rundown said...

Beautiful pictures! and love Keira Knightley:)

Check out Runway Rundown--today is day 2 of Valentines GIVEAWAY Week :) Glad I stopped at your site and I just wanted to share that with you


xoxo
www.runwayrundown.com

Nnenna said...

I've heard good things about that movie, I should definitely rent it soon! Also, I'm loving many of these sweaters- I'll have to check out their website! And your blog layout is looking really nice! :)

star-crossed smile

Ceri said...

I lovelovelove The Edge of Love. Great movie. You have a beautiful blog! I'm following<3

Ceri
lovelyceri.blogspot.com

Heart Charlie said...

Oooh I love the sartorial inspiration from this movie!

Anonymous said...

So many pretty items!! I really love all the sweaters
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

Natalie Gonzalez said...

Great style. Very romantic!

http://a-million-pearls.blogspot.com/

Samara said...

Thank you so much for your help with the shoes--I'll let you know how it goes :)
The pictures from the movie are gorgeous, found it on Netflix instant watch! yayy

SamaraStillSearching

LizAnn said...

These outfits are stunning! I adore the vintage feel it has to them... and that floral print on the dress in the last picture is so pretty!

LizAnn
VPV Intern
http://www.shopVPV.com

Christina Marie said...

beautiful photos!

xoxo
www.naturally-christina.blogspot.com

Purl Alpaca Designs said...

Thanks so much for posting about us! I only found your blog today - very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...