Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hometown Spotlight: PONKO


 Being born and raised in Miami, Florida, swimwear has always been an important wardrobe staple. Needless to say in the Sunshine State options abound, and so the goal has always been to find swimwear that makes you stand out amongst the crowd, but that can withstand the constant dose of salt water and chlorine. In my quest to find high quality swimwear, I came across PONKO, a luxury swimwear brand created in 2009 in Miami by Cuban/Russian designer Liudmila Rosario Ponko. What I love about this swimwear brand is that its local and each piece is hand-made, and of course I have a spot in my heart for all my fellow Cubanas!



My personal favorite. Cannes in Basic Black.


*All images courtesy of PONKO

5 fashionable comments:

Blair Nastasi said...

Love the swimwear! I've always wanted to try one of the monokinis (like in the first picture) but I'm not sure I could pull it off :)

TT's Attic - Edgy, Affordable Fashion for a Cause!
TT's Attic Fashion Blog

Anonymous said...

i have such a big love for swimwear, so i thinks this post is incredible and most of all the swimwear is beautiful :)

you made my rainy day into a sunny day :)

xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

SMD said...

Great that you found an awesome brand that's local! http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

Noemi said...

Very nice, I also love Cannes in Basic Black the best.
♥ Noemi
Fashion: Classy N Glamorous
Travel: Across The Sea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...